The ISDN Switch-off is fast approaching and it is time to put a plan in place. We have created a step-by-step migration checklist for you.
1. What technology will it be?
For the benefit of this blog, we are going to assume that you have chosen an IP Phone system. Obviously with an IP Phone system, there are several ways of implementing it, depending on whether you are putting it on a private cloud or if you decide to virtualise it and put it on a server, on-premise.
Both options require SIP Phone Lines
2. All at once or in phases?
This depends on your business. Do you have more than one site? SIP can work alongside ISDN so the switch can be done in phases.
Obviously, this is reliant on enough time been given before the actual switch off of ISDN.
3. Audit the current system
This is a large chunk of the process because the supplier and installer (hopefully us) will need to work out several factors such as:
- What phone system do you have at the moment?
- How many users?
- Do those users need handsets and softphones?
- How many SIP lines do you need?
- Do you have the right amount of available bandwidth? Remember, bandwidth is essential for any technology that uses an internet connection.
- Will your IP Phone System be hosted on a private cloud or will it be on a server?
- Do you have a private cloud or server, ready?
- What is your cabling infrastructure like? Can it support the SIP Lines?
There is less infrastructure than ISDN but there is still set-up to be done such as setting up a virtual server or private cloud and porting the phone numbers over.
5. Testing and CheckingThe main part of any new installation is good testing to ensure it all runs smoothly and doesn’t hinder any business operations.
6. Securing the System
7. Go Live!
Are you doing Research on the Phase-out of ISDN and Alternative Solutions?
Help with Migration
From planning, auditing, installing, testing to go live we can help. We have migrated hundreds of businesses across from ISDN to Hosted phone systems, SIP lines or Hybrid phone systems.
Use our experience, get in touch.