An IP Phone System uses Internet Protocol (IP) technology and the handsets are connected via an Ethernet connection either on a Local Area Network (LAN) or a Wide Area Network (WAN.)
This means that you have a phone system which uses an internet connection to operate but through your own dedicated internet connection. Using your own dedicated connection ensures the voice quality calls without impacting your general data usage (subject to having the right amount of bandwidth, of course.)
An IP Phone system can be hosted on-premise (or in a data centre) or you can have it hosted on your own private cloud. It is a great solution for those who want more control over their phone system.
IP Phone systems are offered as a service to businesses throughout the East Midlands, and the rest of the UK.
When you choose an IP Phone System, you purchase the phone system for your own use and you choose where to host it.
Benefits of an IP Phone System
- You own the system.
- You can choose where to host it, whether that be on your own server/ on-premise/ hosted in your own private cloud via a data centre; it gives you ownership on the maintenance of the system.
- No long-term contracts (unless you purchase using finance.)
- Flexibility even if you working remotely because you can make calls from your mobile using your phone system.
- Scalability as adding and removing users is simple.
- Variety of Features such as video conferencing, call routing, voicemail recording sent to email etc.
- Phone system Management is in your hands as you have access to change any settings such as opening times.
- Business continuity is covered as your calls can be instantly rerouted in the event of an outage – meaning you won’t be missing out on business.
Negatives of an IP Phone System
- There will be up-front costs to purchase however, it can be financed or leased.
- You will need to choose somewhere to host it, whether it be on-premise or hosted externally which may incur additional costs.
- Maintenance will be your responsibility unless you outsource this aspect or it can be included in the lease.
- A reliable Internet connection is required because if you lose internet, you lose access to your phone system.
- Your voice quality is determined by internet connection so again, you need to have a strong, reliable internet connection.
- Any upgrades are at your expense.
An IP Phone System is ideal for…
Who do we Recommend?
We work with a number of partners to offer IP Phone Systems:
Would you like a Free Demo?
You may have decided that you want to go ahead with an IP Phone System but which one is best suited to your business?
We know the strengths of all of our phone systems, so we can help you decide which is the best fit for your business.
To do this, we can come to site or we can conduct a conference call with screen sharing abilities to show you the full power of the different IP Phone Systems.