SIP and SIP trunks is an on-premise or hosted solution for a telephone system that will use virtual phone lines rather than physical wires.
SIP Trunking is fast becoming the best alternative to ISDN as it is cheaper on a per line basis, it offers flexibility and control over your phone numbers and quicker to install.
At BTT, we have partnered with Gamma; the UK’s leading SIP trunk provider. They own their own national network which has advanced diagnostics tools that are monitored continuously so any issues are resolved quickly with minimal interruption. In recent years, Gamma has won many major UK Fixed Line Network awards.
What is the difference between SIP and SIP Trunking?
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is the set of rules that allows you to initiate and terminate a communication session, whether it’s a voice call between 2 people or multiple calls between a whole team, using an IP address.
- SIP trunking (also commonly referred to as a SIP Phone Line) is the service that allows you to put this protocol into use on a public network.
How does SIP Trunking work?
The SIP trunk connects your site directly into the Gamma network (the ITSP), via an IP connection which will carry out and terminate your inbound and outbound voice calls across your PBX. Gamma SIP trunks are compatible with all of the leading IP PBX brands available on the UK market.
Our service can support connections ranging from two channels for a small PBX-equipped business to an unlimited number of channels for large businesses or contact centres.
What are the benefits of SIP and SIP Trunking?
Any business with a PBX can switch to our SIP trunking service and immediately benefit from more flexible, less expensive and more resilient phone service.
Our top five benefits for upgrading your phone system to SIP:
- Save Money on call costs and line rental – IP connectivity costs less than ISDN so you’ll benefit from lower call costs; free internal calls between sites and free calls to UK local/national and mobiles. Typically, you are looking for saving of up to 50% on line rental and 25% or more on call costs.
- Flexibility with phone numbers – SIP trunking enables you to reduce the number of PBX’s you need to maintain whilst maintaining your existing phone number(s) regardless if you move office.
- Scalability – SIP Trunks are perfect if you are growing (or even downsizing) and you want to retain your phone numbers. You are always in control because you can add lines, remove lines and split calls at any time.
- High Quality – We can proactively monitor and manage the quality of service across the entire network – it’s the underlying network quality that makes a real difference to SIP trunking. This means that we are able to support both G.729 or G.711 codecs.
- Business Continuity – Should your office need to be temporarily relocated, SIP trunking allows you to take your phone lines with you quickly and cost-effectively.
Take your SIP Trunks further and utilise SIP Trunk Call Manager
SIP Trunk Call Manager provides you with all the benefits of SIP Trunks together with feature-rich, centralised call control. This includes our market-leading call bundles and the only fraud management tool that financially indemnifies you against loss.
SIP Trunk Call Manager offers a powerful business continuity solution, giving you the ability to manage your number estate and all aspects of your inbound calls. Consolidate all your numbers onto a single platform and never miss a call!
What are the benefits?
Taking SIP beyond a connectivity service, into a world of feature-rich applications – putting you in control:
- Tailored Business Continuity – never miss a call
- A direct ISDN replacement – save up to 50% on call costs
- An enhanced SIP service – giving you full and direct control of your inbound numbers
- One point of contact for your SIP trunks and call management.
Could SIP Trunk Call Manager benefit your business?
Yes, if you are in need of a solution offering powerful business continuity or the ability to fully manage your entire number estate directly via your SIP trunks.