What is Private WAN?
Not all businesses operate from just one site. Private WAN is where an IP-based VPN (Virtual Private Network) uses Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) technology to prioritise private internet traffic and data transmitted between two or more locations, by avoiding the public network which increases the level of cyber security.
Essentially it is a secure private network that allows a multi-sited business to share information, privately, with their own private internet.
Private WAN is known by a few different names; Converged Private Networks (CPN) and Fully Managed MPLS-based WAN to name a few.
Private WAN is a highly configurable, flexible, and scalable network solution that is ideal for multi-site businesses that want a network suited to their business's needs which improves service between sites via a secure and reliable network.
Private WAN gives you:
Reduced Business Risk – Improved Productivity – Enhanced Security – Lower Voice and Data Costs
Public or Private WAN?
A Wide Area Network can be set using public or private transmission infrastructure. Both are viable options and achieve the same purpose however, the technology involved, differs. Public WAN uses the internet and PSTN lines whereas Private WAN tends to use fibre-optic lines. Public WAN networks tend to be vulnerable to cyber-attacks or because of the higher usage, sharing it with the wider population, subject to more speed and disconnection issues.
Private WAN provides a lower risk, a quicker and more reliable service to multi-site businesses.
Which businesses can benefit from Private WAN?
You can benefit from Private WAN, if you can identify one of the following elements in your business:
- Is there a delay in data syncing up across different sites?
- Are you using an IP phone system that isn’t integrated into your data network?
- Do you have more than one site?
- Are you running collaborative applications?
When should you integrate a Private WAN network?
You can integrate it, any time but we have found that our customers see a huge benefit when they identify one of the following elements in their business:
- Do you transfer site-to-site data across the public internet? Is it slow? Does it take a while for data to sync up across the different sites?
- Are you using an IP (Internet Protocol) phone system that isn’t integrated into your data network? Private WAN is ideal for businesses that want to achieve operational and other benefits from running all voice and data traffic over a single network.
- Are you opening more sites? You’ll need a flexible MPLS-based WAN solution to support your growth.
- Are you running collaborative applications? You’ll need a reliable, secure and private network to enhance these experiences.
What are the Benefits of Private WAN?
- Multi-Site Connectivity – secure connectivity and efficient communication between multiple sites.
- Reduced business risk – reliable network and resilient access options.
- Improved productivity when you use high-quality video conferencing, Unified Communications and other collaborative applications; that can be securely accessed from all sites and remote locations, meaning less business interruption.
- Secure network with our Next-generation Firewall that has been designed to be highly available and cloud-based. It protects all of your VPN’s and ensures all users, whether they are based on-site or remotely receive the same level of protection against all cyber threats.
- Purchasing options – there are a range of contract term options (including deals with no upfront costs).
- Application prioritisation – uninterrupted access to the tools you need to do your job such as; voice and video conferencing and business-critical applications such as accounting software or ordering systems.
- Scalable bandwidth – your bandwidth can be changed to meet your needs across different sites to meet your needs, for now, and your future needs as your business grows.
- Lower voice and data costs – attractively priced service contracts, no charges for site-to-site calls, competitive call rates, a reduced cost for internal IT and networking skills.
- Built-in Diagnostic reporting – integrated to provide visibility of application and network performance.
- Alerts on circuit failure can be sent to specified email addresses automatically.
Designed for Business Use
We can ensure quality because we use a network which was engineered specifically for business users. This means that at peak times your business-critical applications will always be prioritised.
Quality is assured through:
- Extensive monitoring of all elements and metrics within the call path both TDM and IP including but not limited to, Post Dial Delay (PDD), Answer to Seize Ratio (ASR), Network Efficiency Ratio (NER), Mean Opinion Score (MOS), Perceptual Analysis of Speech Quality (PESQ) Score, Call Closure and Error codes for C7 and SIP signalling, Jitter, Latency, Packet Loss, Trunk and Circuit occupancy, uptime and trends
- Proactive call testing and analysis for all platforms and services
- Appropriate and timely alerts of potential issues and ‘hot spots’ to our 24×7 Network Operations Centre
- Review of external and internal reports including customer feedback via support desks
- Strict Change Control and Release Management process to prevent related quality or service issues.
How can BTT help?
We have experienced engineers that can work around your business’s needs to ensure your network install goes smoothly and is set up when disruption will be minimal.
Maintenance and Support
We have support packages to suit your business so that if your network does go down, you have the support to help you minimise the downtime and fix any issues.
Enhance your Multi-site Business Operations
Get in touch and an experienced member of our team will be in touch shortly!