The ISDN Phase out is fast approaching and it is time to put a plan in place. We have created a step-by-step migration checklist for you.
1. What technology will it be?
2. All at once or in phases?
This depends on your business. Do you have more than one site? Or even several floors of an office building?
Obviously, this is reliant on enough time been given before the actual switch off of ISDN.
3. Audit and Plan
This is a large chunk of the process because the supplier and installer (hopefully us) will need to work out several factors such as:
- How many sites do you have?
- How many extensions do you need?
- Do you have remote workers?
- Do you have the right amount of available bandwidth? Remember, bandwidth is essential for any technology that uses an internet connection.
- Are your current handsets compatible?
- How many phone numbers need porting?
There is less infrastructure than ISDN but there is still set-up to be done, even down to reconfiguring the phones (physical handset and softphones) and porting the phone numbers over.
5. Testing and CheckingThe main part of any new installation is good testing to ensure it all runs smoothly and doesn’t hinder any business operations.
6. Securing the System
Hosted Phone Systems just need an internet connection to operate but you need to ensure that the process is written into your DR plan.
7. Go Live!
Okay, I need to start talking to someone about this!
We’d be happy to give you some advice as to when you need to make the switch and any more considerations to make; as always, our advice is free.
Are you doing Research on the Phase-out of ISDN and Alternative Solutions?
Help with Migration
From planning, auditing, installing, testing to go live we can help. We have migrated hundreds of businesses across from ISDN to Hosted phone systems, SIP lines or Hybrid phone systems.
Use our experience, get in touch.