Industrial sites tend to be large in nature and as such need a lot of planning when installing security systems.
We will highlight some key things to take into account when you are looking at security for your site.
Before you take a walk
A few key things to consider before you take a walk around your site:
- Why do you need the CCTV in place? Is it only to act as a deterrent? Health and Safety? Or do you need it for production purposes?
- Do the cameras need to be discreet?
- Is a live feed required? Perhaps to a control room?
- What about the recordings? Do you need somewhere to store them?
- Do you need the cameras indoors or outdoors? Or both?
Take a walk
Take a walk around your site and look at the following:
- Location – Where do they need to be located? Are there any blind spots that need covering?
- Height – How high do you need the cameras to be?
- Privacy – Are there any specific areas where you need to be careful about breaching other businesses privacy or even a residential area?
- Power access – Can you easily get power to the cameras? Will you need extra cabling?
- Lighting – Any sun traps where the sun will block a clear visual? How about areas that will require monitoring at night – is there sufficient lighting?
Think about the nitty gritty
Now it’s time to think more about the system you want in place.
- Image quality – How clear do you need the image to be? Do you need to see down to a finite detail?
- Lighting – Do you need low-level lighting or a camera to be able to see in pitch black, darkness? Or does it need to have the ability to see infra-red?
- Audio – Do you need audio?
- Fixed or rotational – Do you need the camera to zoom and focus, pan or does it just need to be in a fixed position?
- Broadband – Do you have sufficient broadband for the cameras to transmit the recordings?
- Maintenance – Who is going to be checking that the cameras are operational on a regular basis?
How Secure is your Business?
CCTV is just one aspect of site security; Gates and Barriers, Access Control and Intruder Alarms are worth considering.
Reviewing your Security Measures?
We can come to your site, carry out an audit (including everything on this checklist and more) of all your security measures and advise you on areas for improvement.
Book a Free Security Audit, today.
Free Security Audit
Discover the very best security systems for your site with a security audit.
We can look at the site, assess high risk areas, identify key security measures needed against those security measures in place.
You will get a full security audit report, so get in touch!