Industrial sites tend to be large in nature and as such need a lot of planning when installing security systems.
We will highlight some key things to take into account when you are looking at security for your site.
Before you take a walk
A few key things to consider before you take a walk around your site:
- Why do you need the CCTV in place? Is it only to act as a deterrent? Health and Safety? Or do you need it for production purposes?
- Do the cameras need to be discreet?
- Is a live feed required? Perhaps to a control room?
- What about the recordings? Do you need somewhere to store them?
- Do you need the cameras indoors or outdoors? Or both?
Take a walk
Take a walk around your site and look at the following:
- Location – Where do they need to be located? Are there any blind spots that need covering?
- Height – How high do you need the cameras to be?
- Privacy – Are there any specific areas where you need to be careful about breaching other businesses privacy or even a residential area?
- Power access – Can you easily get power to the cameras? Will you need extra cabling?
- Lighting – Any sun traps where the sun will block a clear visual? How about areas that will require monitoring at night – is there sufficient lighting?
Think about the nitty gritty
Now it’s time to think more about the system you want in place.
- Image quality – How clear do you need the image to be? Do you need to see down to a finite detail?
- Lighting – Do you need low-level lighting or a camera to be able to see in pitch black, darkness? Or does it need to have the ability to see infra-red?
- Audio – Do you need audio?
- Fixed or rotational – Do you need the camera to zoom and focus, pan or does it just need to be in a fixed position?
- Broadband – Do you have sufficient broadband for the cameras to transmit the recordings?
- Maintenance – Who is going to be checking that the cameras are operational on a regular basis?
Free Security Audit
Discover the very best security systems for your site with a security audit.
We can look at the site, assess high risk areas, identify key security measures needed against those security measures in place.
You will get a full security audit report, so get in touch!