Businesses need to be able to prove who was where and at what time for legal reasons and should the worst happen, CCTV evidence could prove more useful than anything else.
Professionally installed cameras provide you with the knowledge that your cameras are installed correctly, with best viewing angles and best practice for recording.
Our CCTV experts provide sound advice and systems which are scalable, meaning it can be designed to fit you and your business.
IP CCTV system are a modern alternative to Analogue CCTV. IP CCTV systems convert video footage and images into data, which is then transmitted to a central PC held within the office or to another location of your choosing. The IP CCTV systems offer greater flexibility and high-quality images, making them a cost-effective solution.
The IP CCTV systems we install come with the following;
- Mobile app – All of the IP CCTV systems we install have a mobile app in which you are able to view, live what is occurring on your site(s) as well as using the playback feature.
- Receive Alerts – You will get real-time notifications on certain events that you have specified you want to know about.
- Live streaming - see all the important activity at your business, even when you’re on the go.
- Smart Search – You are able to open a camera, “draw a line” around a certain area within the frame and watch the activity for that specific area. It enables quick searching for any incidents; health and safety issues, break-ins, criminal damage or even bullying. For instance, if you have a break-in and you identify the entry point, you can then select the area on the camera where the door/window is, select a time-frame and it will highlight ‘events’ which will show you when that entry point was accessed. It takes roughly 15 minutes.
- Easy cloud-based recording - Secure, 24/7 cloud recording eliminates the need for additional hardware and enables access to live and recorded video clips.
Border Caravans had a five-year plan to modernise and streamline their business processes and to position themselves as a leader for secure caravan storage.
BTT got involved with their project and we the first step was to instal improved access control that would allow the team to automatically, and immediately, confirm which caravans had been taken off site or returned.
This included upgraded CCTV with monitors overlaying the existing access control measures. The team would then be able to track movements on site and make sure they matched the customers’ security tag and fob details.View our Case Study
There are three main types of cameras:
Fisheye Cameras which can eliminate blind spots with their 180-degree and 360-degree surround view (with the right placement) and with fewer cameras. They can also detect events across an entire area, focus and record those events whilst maintaining a wider visual.
Dome Cameras tend to blend well with the natural environment making them ideal for more covert viewing. Dome Cameras can rotate 360-degrees so they cover a larger area. Dome Cameras are known to be “Vandal-proof,” because of their durable casing which can withstand quite vigorous of activities compared to their fisheye and bullet counterparts.
Bullet cameras tend to be a lot more noticeable because of their aesthetics. Typically, they are one of the better options for outside monitoring especially with their longer-range capabilities.
Key features of CCTV Cameras
- Panoramic view (no blind spots)
- Tamper detection
- Weather protection
- Thermal imaging
- Intrusion detection
- Line crossing (if someone intrudes on a boundary such as a fence)
- Unattended baggage detection
- Object removal detection
- People counting
- ANPR vehicle recognition
- Facial detection
- Self-learning video analytics
Our CCTV Services
CCTV Free Site Audit
We can come to your site (for free, and with no obligation) to give you advice on the best type of CCTV system and cameras for your business. We would need to come to site because we could tell you how many cameras and placement to ensure you get the best coverage and to see if there may be any factors to consider before advising you on the best CCTV system for your business.
What we cover when we come to the site:
- Why do you need the CCTV in place? Is it only to act as a deterrent? Health and Safety? Or do you need it for production purposes?
- Do the cameras need to be discreet?
- Do you need a live feed, perhaps to a control room?
- Do you need somewhere to store the recordings? How many days of footage do you need to be stored?
- Location – Where do the cameras need to be located? Are there any blind spots that need covering?
- Height – How high do you need the cameras to be?
- Privacy – Are there any specific areas where you need to be careful about breaching other businesses ' privacy or even a residential area?
- Power access – Can you easily get power to the cameras? Will you need extra cabling?
- Lighting – Any sun traps where the sun will block a clear visual? Do you need low-level lighting or a camera to be able to see in pitch black, darkness? Or does it need to have the ability to see infra-red?
- Image quality – How clear do you need the image to be? Do you need to see down to a finite detail?
- Audio – Do you need audio?
- Broadband – Do you have sufficient broadband for the cameras to transmit the CCTV footage?
The majority of our customers are based within a 3-hour drive of Northamptonshire so we can easily accommodate your business for a free site audit, so please get in touch to book in.
Book a Free Security Audit
CCTV Supply Installation
We have partnered with some of the best suppliers of CCTV surveillance systems and cameras so that we have the best and right equipment. We can design, supply and install your CCTV system and cameras then our engineers will train your staff on how to use the new security system and ensure it is set up the way you need it.
We have been installing CCTV systems into businesses for over 10 years. All of our security engineers are qualified, trained and their work quality is checked on every job.
CCTV Maintenance and Servicing
To keep your CCTV system working at optimum capacity, we recommend maintenance and servicing.
As part of our maintenance, we visit twice a year to check power supplies, cameras and camera voltage, adjust the camera focus if needed and clean DVR/NVR, time/date and playback.
CCTV Rules of Surveillance
Before you start
installing CCTV systems into your business, there are some rules that you need
to be aware of and adhere to; the Data Protection Act instructs you to do four
things. You must:
- Put up a sign to let people know CCTV is being used and why (it must be clearly visible and easily readable)
- Be able to provide images within 40 days to anyone you’ve recorded (you can charge up to £10 for this)
- Share images with the authorities, e.g. the police, if they ask for them
- Keep images only as long as your business needs them.
(Extracted from Gov.uk website, view original source )
Additionally, you must notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as to why you’re using the CCTV which is subjected to a fee. Remember, if you set up a system to survey any criminal activities you can’t then use it to “catch your staff out” unless of course, you specify that as the reason when you register.
Free Security Audit
Not sure where to start or what security measures you need?
A security site audit would mean that we will come to your site, look at the size and location, assess the security risks and current security measures. We will give you a completed security audit with a list of our suggestions.
Get in touch to request a free security site audit.