What is Private WAN?
Private WAN is known by a few names; Converged Private Networks (CPN), Fully Managed MPLS-based WAN to name a few.
Private WAN is where an IP VPN (Internet Protocol Virtual Private Network) uses MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) technology to transmit data between two or more locations, whilst prioritising private internet traffic and avoiding public network which increases the level of security.
It’s a network solution which is ideal for multi-site businesses that want to improve their service between sites and have a secure, reliable network.
Which businesses can benefit from Private WAN?
You can benefit from Private WAN, if you can identify one of the following elements in your business:
- Is there a delay in data syncing up across different sites?
- Are you using an IP phone system that isn’t integrated into your data network?
- Do you have more than one site?
- Are you running collaborative applications?
5 Benefits of Private WAN
- Reduced business risk – reliable network and resilient access options.
- Improved productivity – when you use high-quality video conferencing, Unified Communications and other collaborative applications; that can be securely accessed from all sites and remote locations, meaning less business interruption.
- Application prioritisation – uninterrupted access to the tools you need to do your job such as; voice and video conferencing and business-critical applications such as accounting software or ordering systems.
- Scalable bandwidth – your bandwidth can be changed to meet your needs across different sites to meet your needs, for now, and your future needs as your business grows.
- Lower voice and data costs – attractively priced service contracts, no charges for site-to-site calls, competitive call rates, a reduced cost for internal IT and networking skills.