Your car dealership or car garage needs a reliable phone system to operate since its one of the main ways of contacting you for sales. Your phone system needs a phone line to operate.
A phone line needs to give your business:
Flexibility with your phone numbers– High quality calls – Business Continuity– Confidence that it won’t hinder your growth plans
Your Options for Phone Lines
There are two main contenders for phone lines:
ISDN Phone Lines are a traditional type of phone line which uses physical lines to transmit voice calls. You won’t be able to purchase any additional lines past 2023. This technology is being switched off between April and December 2025.
SIP Phone Lines is an on-premise solution for a telephone system that will use virtual lines (internet lines) to transmit a phone call. It is the most superior type of phone line. This is mostly down to the flexibility it gives you, the speed in which you can add/remove lines, the quality of the calls and the lower call costs.
If you choose a SIP Line, you may also want to choose a phone line management solution which increases your control over your phone numbers and how calls come into your business. We recommend an Inbound Phone Line Management solution.
There isn’t one size, fits all, so please do get in touch to discuss your requirements!
BT ISDN Switch Off
ISDN Phone lines are slowly being phased out; from September 2023 they’ll withdraw the ability to purchase additional ISDN phone lines. Between April and December 2025, there will be a forced migration period before they switch them off.
Should your car dealership or car garage have ISDN lines in place; you have time to implement an alternative before they are switched off. SIP Trunking is fast becoming the best alternative to ISDN because it is extremely flexible as you can attach your number to any phone and it’s highly scalable and quick to deploy for when your business grows.
Benefits of SIP
Any business with a PBX can switch to our SIP trunking service and immediately benefit from more flexible, less expensive and more resilient phone service.
Our top five benefits for upgrading your phone system to SIP:
- Save Money on call costs and line rental – IP connectivity costs less than ISDN so you’ll benefit from lower call costs; free internal calls between sites and free calls to UK local/national and mobiles. Typically, you are looking at a saving of up to 50% on line rental and 25% or more on call costs.
- Flexibility with phone numbers – SIP trunking enables you to reduce the number of PBX’s you need to maintain whilst maintaining your existing phone number(s) regardless if you move your car dealership or garage.
- Scalability – SIP Trunks are perfect if you are growing (or even downsizing) whilst retaining any of your phone numbers. You are always in control because you can add lines, remove lines and split calls at any time.
- High Quality – We can proactively monitor and manage the quality of service across the entire network – it’s the underlying network quality that makes a real difference to SIP trunking. We can support both G.729 or G.711 codecs.
- Business Continuity – Should your car dealership or garage need to be temporarily relocated, SIP trunking allows you to take your phone lines with you quickly and cost-effectively.
SIP Trunk Call Manager
SIP Trunk Call Manager offers a powerful business continuity solution, giving you the ability to manage your number estate and all aspects of your inbound calls. Consolidate all your numbers onto a single platform and never miss a call!
SIP Trunk Call Manager provides you with all the benefits of SIP Trunks together with a feature-rich, centralised call control. This includes our market-leading call bundles and the only fraud management tool that financially indemnifies you against loss.
What are the benefits?
Taking SIP beyond a connectivity service, into a world of feature-rich applications – putting you in control:
- Tailored Business Continuity – never miss a call
- A direct ISDN replacement – save up to 50% on call costs
- An enhanced SIP service – giving you full and direct control of your inbound numbers
- One point of contact for your SIP trunks and call management.
Phone Line Management - Inbound Call Manager
Inbound gives you full control of your phone numbers and the calls that come into your car dealership or car garage. You can route, monitor and manage your calls, easily, without being reliant on a network operator to make the necessary changes for you.
Inbound will help improve your customer service by ensuring all calls are managed by the right people, consistently, throughout quiet and busy periods.
Essentially, with the Inbound Call Manager software, you’ll have the ability to route your calls how you wish, monitor the calls to ensure they fall in-line with any important KPI’s and manage how your business deals with those calls. You can make changes using a mobile app or the online portal.
Benefits of upgrading to Inbound
- No set-up costs – just a monthly fee to use the software.
- Use with any number – You can use Inbound with any phone number, geographic (such as 01/02) and non-geographic (08/03) numbers.
- Improve your Customer Service – Ensure your business answers every call by putting rules in place if your staff are busy. Additionally, you can record calls for training purposes (or for compliance.) You can even make and upload your own voice announcements to provide customers with routing options or advise them on opening hours or website address.
- Build your own call plans – You can build and modify your call plans according to your business needs; this means you can dictate what happens to calls outside of business house as well as diverting options for busy periods.
- Business Continuity – In the event of a disaster or an outage, you can redirect calls to another site. You can use Inbound with any number, from anywhere and with any device.
- Free App / Online Portal – Make any changes, quickly using the online portal or the free app.
- Advanced Call Reporting – You can use Inbound to report on how you are measuring against your KPI’s. For instance, you can look at productivity, call patterns, caller behaviour, waiting time and how long it takes to answer calls. You can set the reports and schedule them to be sent on a regular basis to up to three email addresses.
Continue your Research on the ISDN Switch-off
We have collated a selection of free resources, purely on the ISDN Switch-off. Topics covered include:
- 5 common concerns about moving to SIP
- How to make the move from ISDN to SIP
- ISDN Phase out, your Five Options
- ISDN Migration Checklist: ISDN to Hosted
- Do you have ISDN Phone lines? Go Hybrid!
Plus many more...Discover our Free ISDN Switch-off Resources