There is a huge demand for retail businesses to be flexible, agile, and fast to react, ahead of their competitors. Unified Communications (UC) helps you do that by bringing together different technologies to run in sync so that a business can run effectively and competitively.
The idea behind Unified Communications is to “optimise business processes” and nothing does this better than an all-in-one solution.
It may seem like a major shift, but most businesses find the upheaval is fairly minimal and we can get you up and running very quickly, at a competitive rate.
The beauty of UC is that you should begin to notice the effects almost immediately, as your retail business becomes more flexible and agile.
Unified Communications can seem like a minefield, so please get in touch if you need some help, we promise it’s painless and the benefits are huge!
What communication channels can Unified Communications merge?
Unified Communications can bring together multiple forms of communication channels such as voice, video, software, data etc using one device. Some key features of Unified Communication features:
- Instant messaging
- “Availability” – knowing if the person you need to contact is free or busy
- Conferencing applications
- Teamwork applications – to coordinate work on group projects
- Video conferencing
- Voice & click to call (from any directory, e.g. Outlook)
- Voice messaging – to e-mail and phones
- File sharing
- Directory integration
Benefits of Unified Communications:
- Flexibility – Unified Communications enables staff to pick up messages through different devices via the communication channel of their choice which helps them to be more efficient and effective at their jobs.
- Mobility – Remote workers such as your sales team are able to stay connected with colleagues, suppliers and customers at all times.
- Efficiency – You are giving your staff the tools to pick up messages, respond and work on the go. You improve their efficiency and the bottom line.
- Privacy – Cloud Unified Communications will give you greater levels of data privacy; a more exclusive company interface and a secure connection.
- Environmental impact – With a public concern about being “green,” introducing Unified Communications can considerably cut travel time and therefore your carbon footprint. This also means more time spent getting the job done, rather than spent on unnecessary travel.
Unified Communications Tools for Retail
We have tried and tested many Unified Communications tools and there are three tools that are a cut above the rest; Mitel MiCollab, Horizon Collaborate and Wildix Collaboration.
They all have similar features which are ideal for all types of retail businesses. The size of the retail business will most likely depend on which unified communication tool will suit you best as some appeal to the smaller business and one in particular caters for the larger retail business.
The best solution is to demo all three with us. We can take you through how each one can benefit you and advise you on the costing structure.