Your phone system needs a phone line connection. A phone line needs to give your manufacturing plant:
Flexibility with your phone numbers– High quality calls – Business Continuity– No limitations to your growth plans
There isn't a one size, fits all, so please do get in touch to discuss your requirements!
Discover more about your phone line options
How will the BT ISDN Switch-off affect your Manufacturing Plant?
ISDN lines are still used in most industries, including manufacturing however, like most industries you need to start looking at alternative solutions because of the BT ISDN Switch-off.
ISDN Phone lines are being phased out; from September 2023 BT will withdraw the ability to purchase any additional ISDN lines. Between April and December 2025, there will be a forced migration period before they switch them off.
This means you can still use ISDN phone lines until September 2023 but since it is out-dated technology, it is worth looking at alternatives, now, especially if you have plans for your manufacturing plants to grow.
Phone Line options for your Manufacturing Plant
SIP Trunks (SIP Lines)
SIP and SIP trunks is an on-premise or hosted solution for a telephone system that will use virtual phone lines rather than physical wires.
The SIP trunk connects your site directly into the chosen network (the ITSP), via an IP connection which will carry out and terminate your inbound and outbound voice calls across your PBX.
SIP Trunking is fast becoming the best alternative to ISDN as it is cheaper on a per line basis, it offers flexibility and control over your phone numbers and quicker to install.
Any business with a compatible PBX can switch to SIP trunking service and immediately benefit from more flexible, less expensive and more resilient phone service.
Benefits of SIP for Manufacturing Plants
- Save Money on call costs and line rental – IP connectivity costs less than ISDN so you’ll benefit from lower call costs; free internal calls between sites and free calls to UK local/national and mobiles. Typically, you are looking for saving of up to 50% on line rental and 25% or more on call costs.
- Flexibility with phone numbers – SIP trunking enables you to reduce the number of PBX’s you need to maintain whilst maintaining your existing phone number(s) regardless if you move office.
- Scalability –You are always in control because you can add lines, remove lines and split calls at any time.
- High Quality – We can proactively monitor and manage the quality of service across the entire network – it’s the underlying network quality that makes a real difference to SIP trunking.
- Business Continuity – Should your manufacturing plant need to be relocated, SIP trunking allows you to take your phone lines with you quickly and cost-effectively.
Hosted Phone System
The Hosted Phone system is cloud-based which means you connect to it using an internet connection (IP technology) but effectively you are renting the system rather than purchasing your own dedicated system.
A Hosted Phone system usually operates on a pay-per-seat model and there are no significant upfront capital costs.
IP Phone System
An IP Phone System uses Internet Protocol (IP) technology and the handsets are connected via an Ethernet connection either on a Local Area Network (LAN) or a Wide Area Network (WAN.)
You purchase the phone system for your own use and you choose where to host it.
Are you doing Research on Phone Lines?
We have collated a selection of free resources based on phone lines. Topics covered include:
- Pros and Cons of SIP Trunks
- 5 common concerns about moving to SIP
- How to make the move from ISDN to SIP
- Do you have ISDN Phone lines? Go Hybrid!