Private WAN is known by a few names; Converged Private Networks (CPN) and Fully Managed MPLS-based WAN to name a few.
Private WAN is where an IP VPN uses Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) technology to transmit data between two or more locations, whilst prioritising private internet traffic and avoiding public network to increase the level of security. Essentially it is a private network which allows a multi-sited business to share information, privately, with their own private internet.
It’s a network solution that is ideal for multi-site businesses like manufacturing plant that want to improve their service between sites and have a secure and reliable network.
Private WAN gives you:
Reduced Business Risk – Improved Productivity – Enhanced Security – Lower Voice and Data Costs
When should you integrate a Private WAN network into your Manufacturing Plant?
You can integrate it, any time but we have found that our customers see a huge benefit when they identify one of the following elements in their business:
- Do you transfer site-to-site data across the public internet? Is it slow? Does it take a while for data to sync up across the different sites?
- Are you using an IP (Internet Protocol) phone system that isn’t integrated into your data network? Private WAN is ideal for businesses that want to achieve operational and other benefits from running all voice and data traffic over a single network.
- Are you opening more sites? You’ll need a flexible MPLS-based WAN solution to support your growth.
- Are you running collaborative applications? You’ll need a reliable, secure and private network to enhance these experiences.
Benefits of Private WAN
- Reduced business risk – reliable network and resilient access options.
- Improved productivity – when you use high-quality video conferencing, Unified Communications and other collaborative applications; that can be securely accessed from all sites and remote locations, meaning less business interruption.
- Next-generation Firewall – our firewall has been designed to be highly available and cloud-based. It protects all of your VPN’s and ensures all users, whether they are based on-site or remotely receive the same level of protection against all cyber threats.
- Purchasing options – there are a range of contract term options (including deals with no upfront costs).
- Application prioritisation – uninterrupted access to the tools you need to do your job such as; voice and video conferencing and business-critical applications such as accounting software or ordering systems.
- Scalable bandwidth – your bandwidth can be changed to meet your needs across different sites to meet your needs, for now, and your future needs as your business grows.
- Lower voice and data costs – attractively priced service contracts, no charges for site-to-site calls, competitive call rates, a reduced cost for internal IT and networking skills.
Enhance your Multi-site Business Operations
Private WAN is ideal for multi-site businesses that want to improve their service between sites and have a secure and reliable network. It has been designed for business use and we can ensure quality because we use a network which was engineered specifically for business users. This means that at peak times your business-critical applications will always be prioritised.
Do you want to enhance your business operations, across all sites?