A Hybrid Phone System is an on-premise phone system, it has been designed to combine the advantages of all the different types of phone connection technology such as ISDN, Analogue, Digital and IP into a single modern and flexible phone system.
Most businesses use a Hybrid phone system as a stepping stone between a traditional phone system and a VoIP system. It enables businesses to retain things like external phone line connections, audio conferencing devices, or cordless phones whilst combining the convergence of IP technology; offering feature-rich functionality and flexibility to handle all your business communication needs.
It is worth noting that a Hybrid Phone System is an on-site phone system and isn’t available as a fully cloud hosted system.
The hybrid phone system is a growing option for businesses of all sizes, especially with the switch off of ISDN. They’re easy to install and maintain, are a cost-effective option whilst offering the flexibility to grow.
The Hybrid Phone System is an ideal phone system for businesses who have existing ISDN, Analogue or Digital infrastructure and want to protect the investment they have made whilst getting the benefits if IP technology.
Benefits of a Hybrid Phone System
- Supports all legacy phone lines and extensions such as Analogue, Digital, ISDN and SIP.
- Smooth and Easy migration to an IP service without huge changes to your existing infrastructure and hardware.
- Benefit from the cost-saving VoIP without needing to invest in an IP infrastructure and protect your original infrastructure investment.
- You have your own in-house communications service which you can distribute as you see fit. For example, your PBX would be hosted at Head Office and you can offer a cloud service to your other offices or remote workers; but only to your own staff.
- Reduced calling costs as IP dramatically reduces costs compared with a traditional phone system.
- Stay on top of Security by maintaining control over the network. Since the hosted service is still running off of your organization’s own hardware, the business can maintain control over the network, and therefore the network’s security.
- Operate internationally, cheaper because if you have sites located across the world, long-distance call charges don’t apply.
- Cost as you won’t need to pay a monthly subscription once you have paid for your hardware which means long term, you could save money.
Limitations of a Hybrid Phone System
- Unlike an IP Phone System, it cannot be put onto an industry standard server or be cloud-based; it needs its own dedicated PBX box
- The PBX box needs to be on-premise which means you will need a secure environment for it to be located.
- Cost because the initial capital outlay for the hardware can be significant, although it can be spread with a finance or leasing option.
A Hybrid Phone System is ideal for…
The Hybrid Phone System is a great option for all sizes of businesses who have at least one fixed location and have already spent money on existing ISDN, Analogue or Digital infrastructure and want to protect the investment they have made whilst getting the benefits of IP technology.
Would you like a Free Demo?
You may have decided that you want to go ahead with a Hybrid Phone System but which one is best suited to your business?
We know the strengths of all of our phone systems, so we can help you decide which is the best fit for your business.
To do this, we can come to site or we can conduct a conference call with screen sharing abilities to show you the full power of the different Hybrid Phone Systems.