What is CCTV Camera?
A closed-circuit television camera (CCTV Camera) is an electronic camera that is used for video surveillance. CCTV Cameras come in several different shapes, sizes, styles, configurations and are designed to meet different purposes.
What should be a minimum requirement of a CCTV camera?
Megapixels determine the quality of the picture so that is an important aspect. We recommend as a minimum that you pick a 4-megapixel / 5-megapixel camera.
What are the three main types of CCTV cameras?
Fisheye, bullet and dome CCTV cameras are the three main types we recommend.
Fisheye cameras can eliminate blind spots with their 180-degree and 360-degree surround view (with the right placement.) They can do with fewer cameras. They can also detect events across an entire area, focus and record those events whilst maintaining a wider visual.
What are the main benefits of Fisheye Cameras?
- 360 Degree Fisheye Security Cameras Feature Ultra-Wide Coverage
- Panoramic Security Cameras Can Greatly Reduce Your Cost
- Fisheye Panoramic IP Cameras Feature Reliable Performance
Dome cameras are harder to spot and tend to be ideal for more covert viewing. Dome Cameras can rotate 360-degrees so they cover a larger area than most of their counterparts. Dome Cameras can be used for indoor and outdoor but tend to be best for internal environments. They also tend to be known as “Vandal-proof,” because of their durable casing, they can withstand quite vigorous of activities compared to their fisheye and bullet counterparts.
What are the main benefits of Dome Cameras?
- Unobtrusive design means it’s easy to fit
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Vandal resistant dome means it is harder to interfere with the camera
- 360-degree rotation of the camera so you can cover all angles
As the name suggests, Bullet Cameras look like a rather large bullet or some say, a large gun barrel.
They tend to be a lot more noticeable than Dome or Fisheye cameras because of their aesthetics however that could be seen as a deterrent to the less than savoury characters of the world. Typically, they are one of the better options for outside monitoring especially with their longer-range capabilities.
What are the main benefits of Bullet Cameras?
- Highly visible so acts as a deterrent
- Resistant to dirt in challenging environments
- Provides surveillance over long distances
- Casing also protects against glare and rain