A finance company relies on being connected; to not do so could easily mean a decline in your business efficiency and your ability to react to your customer’s needs.
Your connectivity is how you interact with your customers, suppliers and staff but it is also defined by the speed of which you connect and interact with them. It is key for the day-to-day running of your business and its systems which means you need a strong broadband and Wi-Fi solution.
Strong connectivity means an increase in:
Productivity – Efficiency – Business Resiliency – Collaboration
Not only is important that we stay connected but that it remains a strong connection that won’t fail us as we grow.
Business Broadband Solutions for a Finance Company
There are multiple broadband connections available, most of which wouldn’t suit a finance company or would simply be overkill for what is needed.
For a finance company, we would recommend FTTC/ SoGEA or FTTP. If they are all available, we would recommend FTTP as it is far more reliable and future proofs your business as you can get much higher speeds. FTTP is slightly more expensive but we are only talking a few pounds more.
FTTC is Fibre to the Cabinet / SoGEA is where fibre-optic cable is used from the telephone exchange to the green, roadside cabinet and then, copper cable to the business. FTTC/ SoGEA can achieve speeds of up to 80Mbps for downloads and 20Mbps for uploads.
FTTP is Fibre to the Premise is where fibre-optic cables are used to transmit from the exchange all the way to the business’s premises. FTTP provides bandwidths of up to 1Gbps for downloads and 50Mbps for uploads.
Generally, a finance company would not require Ethernet unless FTTC or FTTP was not available or if you had multiple sites.
Benefits of Business Broadband
- Static IP addresses – You will have your own static IP address, assigned to a fixed, permanent address that is unique to you and won’t change. This means you will be able to access your computer from anywhere in the world via remote access, run CCTV or a server and host your own website.
- Customer Support – When you sign up to a business broadband package you receive extra levels of technical support. With an enhanced care level, you will be ahead of anyone else when it comes to getting a problem fixed.
- Speed – A lower contention ratio means a faster connection. We don’t enforce traffic management, unlike other providers and we don’t artificially slow down your connection. You will enjoy your unlimited download allowance at the fastest speeds at any given time. Your higher connection speed means pages load faster and IP phone systems run smoothly.
- Security – Your business broadband package will provide enhanced security features that the standard broadband package will not offer such as shielding you from cyber security threats like malware, viruses, trojans as well as hacker attacks.
Secure Business Wi-Fi for your Finance Company
Wi-Fi is beneficial when you have visitors to your office who have a laptop, tablet, or mobile that need to use a strong, secure signal. Another key reason that Wi-Fi is essential is its use in business collaboration; such as when you need to use AV equipment such as video conferencing or screen sharing on a TV for presentation purposes.
Advantages of Business Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi is essential for internal use as it can increase business productivity and enhance business collaboration by the following:
- No desk restrictions – your staff can pick their laptop or device up and move to another desk or perhaps a conference room and still remain connected. Ultimately, it means they aren’t tethered to one location when their job could take them all over the office.
- Increase Team Collaboration – a huge benefit if teams can take their work to a colleague to work on a project but still be able to access key business information.
- Operate Collaboration tools – such as the ability to connect to AV technology to present presentations to internal or external people.
- Simple Infrastructure – you are no longer dictated to by wires and cables when your business grows or when you have an influx of visitors.
How secure is Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi security is a key concern for businesses and it should be but you shouldn’t reject the idea of going wireless when there are things that can be put in place to minimise your risk.
One of the simple security measures we can do is install a wireless Local Area Network (LAN), which will require a pass code, so only approved members of staff will be able to access the connection.
As far as Wi-Fi security, specifically, we use the following products which mean that you have a strong and resilient network:
- Policy Enforcement Firewall – with deep packet inspection to ensure that each connection and user session is secure. Unlike traditional firewalls, our next-gen mobility firewall is aware of user roles, device types and app flows.
- Wireless Intrusion Protection – throughout your network to prevent denial-of-service, man-in-the-middle and other security threats. There is no need to separate RF sensors and security appliances.
- Policy Management – identifies all devices and users so that if an unknown device tries to connect, it is rejected and you are notified.