Car dealerships and car garages that have an unreliable connection to the internet are likely to experience slow speeds and possibly significant downtime.
In this day and age, that could put you behind your competitors simply because your internet was down and you weren’t able to answer crucial sales calls, emails, social media enquiries or even essential web applications such as your CRM system because you were experiencing downtime and they weren’t. All of which, you need a reliable broadband connection for!
Strong connectivity means an increase in:
Productivity – Profitability – Efficiency – Happy Customers (and Staff) – Business Resiliency
Not only is important that you stay connected but that it remains a strong connection that won’t fail you as you grow.
Ideal Broadband solution for Car Dealerships and Car Garages
For small car garages and car dealerships, we recommend FTTC or FTTP if it is available.
For larger car garages and car dealerships, or those who have multiple sites, we recommend an ethernet service be put in alongside a Private WAN network solution.
Ethernet is a different solution from other business broadband solutions; the internet is worldwide, switching data packets over the network. Ethernet delivers those data packets as the carrier, within a smaller network; usually across one or a few sites. It is a much more secure solution and Ethernet services are dedicated, uncontended broadband services with guaranteed bandwidth, synchronous speeds and SLA’s.
Think of ADSL Broadband as the public motorway of data services, liable to clog up at peak times. Ethernet is your private toll motorway. It’s more expensive but guaranteed to be faster and more reliable at all times.
Fibre Broadband (FTTC / FTTP)
FTTC can achieve speeds of up to 76Mbps for downloads and 19Mbps for uploads.
FTTP provides bandwidths of up to 1Gbps for downloads and 50Mbps for uploads.
Single Order Generic Ethernet Access (SoGEA)
Usually, you’d install a phone line with broadband but with SOGEA, you have broadband without the need for an underlying voice access product whilst offering speeds up to 80Mbps.
You can get contended and uncontended services with SOGEA. The bandwidth is asynchronous, however with SOGEA Ethernet you can have an uncontended synchronous 20Mbps / 20Mbps service, but this is dependent on your distance from the street cab.
Speeds up to 80Mbps
Uncontended, guaranteed high bandwidth and uptime.
Speeds: From 10Mpbs up to 10Gbps
With Ethernet Flex you have an uncontended service with guaranteed bandwidth of 200Mbps up and done, with 1Gbps at no extra cost.
You also have unlimited usage and its on-demand bandwidth which means there is no need for portal requests.
Speeds: Guaranteed 200Mbps with 1 Gbps burst.
Converged FTTC Ethernet
Dedicated, uncontended with guaranteed bandwidth speeds and SLA’s.
You can choose to have Ethernet Data only, Ethernet Voice Only (used in conjunction with SIP Trunks and Hosted Phone Systems) or Converged Ethernet (Voice, Data and utilising SIP and a Hosted Phone System.)
Use our Connectivity checker to see what solutions are available for your business.
Benefits of BTT Ethernet
- Dedicated, uncontended bandwidth – high availability and low latency connectivity.
- Voice and data convergence – which means a significant cost saving for most businesses.
- 24/7 monitoring and helpdesk – we can respond immediately to any issues and ensure consistency in your ethernet’s performance.
- Service Level Agreement – competitive SLA’s to cover delivery, performance, availability and fix times.
- Resilient failover – we offer a resilient failover by ensuring there is a failover at your premises and resilient network links via DSL (ADSL and FTTC) /4G / Ethernet (FTTC / EFM /Fibre (R2 link).
- Maximise productivity – with uncontended bandwidth; you can increase productivity as you can be assured that you always have access to essential business applications and files.
- High-Bandwidth connectivity – we can deliver up to 10GBps connection using fibre optic technologies.
- Improve site-to-site connectivity – an ethernet connection is essential if you are looking to improve site-to-site connectivity.
Wi-Fi in Car Dealerships and Car Garages
Wi-Fi is extremely beneficial when you have visitors or staff who have a laptop, tablet that needs a strong, secure signal. Wi-Fi also enables you to collaborate with customers and colleagues using AV equipment such as video conferencing or screen sharing on a TV for presentation purposes.
Strong Wi-Fi connectivity means an increase in:
Team Collaboration – Flexible working - Productivity – Profitability – Efficiency – Happy Staff and Visitors
Advantages of Business Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi can increase business productivity and enhance business collaboration by:
- No desk restrictions – your staff can pick their laptop or device up and move to another desk or perhaps across the forecourt to talk to customers and still remain connected.
- Operate Collaboration tools – such as the ability to connect to AV technology to share and showcase a car design build with a customer of their perfect car with all of the extras that they want.
- Simple Infrastructure – you are no longer dictated to by wires and cables when your business grows or when you have an influx of visitors.
Public Wi-Fi network is essentially opening your wi-fi network to the public so that everyone can access it. A Public Wi-Fi network is ideal for car dealerships and car garages because more often than not, you’ll have customers waiting for an appointment or for news about their vehicle.
Public Wi-Fi allows them to pass the time without pressuring you for updates. It can also be a great tool for marketing purposes because you can have a fixed log-in page, where for users to obtain free Wi-Fi, they need to supply their emails and naturally be exposed to your promotional messages on the page.
There are of course, security risks to consider which is why as a key rule you should keep all business operations on a separate network specifically for internal users.
Wi-Fi security is a key concern for businesses but as long as you put in the right security measures you greatly reduce your security risk.
One of the simple security measures we can do is install a wireless Local Area Network (LAN), which will require a pass code, so only approved members of staff will be able to access the connection.
As far as Wi-Fi security, specifically, we use:
- Policy Enforcement Firewall – with deep packet inspection to ensure that each connection and user session is secure. Unlike traditional firewalls, our next-gen mobility firewall is aware of user roles, device types and app flows.
- Wireless Intrusion Protection – throughout your network to prevent denial-of-service, man-in-the-middle and other security threats. There is no need to separate RF sensors and security appliances.
- Policy Management – identifies all devices and users so that if an unknown device tries to connect, it is rejected and you are notified.