They need a lot of planning when installing security systems. So you need to consider a few things before installing security systems...
This checklist will help as you walk around your site to audit your security.
* Why do you need CCTV in place? As a deterrent? Health & Safety? Production purposes?
* Do the cameras need to be discreet?
* Is a live feed required? Perhaps to a control room?
* Where will you store recordings?
* Do you need cameras indoors or outdoors? Or both?
* Location - where do they need to be located? Are there any blindspots?
* Height - how high do the cameras need to be?
* Privacy - are there specific areas where you need to be careful about breaching privacy?
* Power access - can you get power to the cameras?
* Lighting - any sun traps to block the visual? Sufficient lighting at night?
Image quality - how clear do you need the image to be? Do you need finite detail?
Lighting - do you need low-level lighting? Infra-red?
Audio - do you need audio?
Fixed or rotational - do you need zoom, focus, pan or fixed position?
Broadband - sufficient broadband to transmit footage?
Maintenance - who is going to check the cameras are operational regularly?