Ensure software remains updated when updates are released. Don't allow your computer to become vulnerable, carry out necessary updates.
Create clear security guidelines
Invest in cybersecurity awareness training
Passwords need to be strong
Invest in password manager - keeps passwords remaining strong
Protect your business files and ensure easy recovery if something happened to your device when you use cloud storage that has a firewall.
* Use secure software to prevent unauthorised meeting entry
* Give unique ID and password to participants
* Ensure software has end-to-end encryption and remains up-to-date
* Invest in a webcam cover
* Your router login and password must be strong
* Check firmware is installed and up-to-date
* Use WPA3 or WPA2 security standard
* Review any attached devices
Encryption software encodes information so only those with permission can access it. Encrypt data in emails and encrypt your device in the case of theft.
Managed endpoint security puts a process in place to authenticate and monitor access to your network through your devices (desktops,laptops and mobiles.)
* Ensure your back-ups include remote workers and how they are operating
* Decide on frequency of back-ups - most opt for several times a day, others, opt for 30 minute increments
* Remote wipe devices that are stolen
Lock windows, lock the laptop when away from the desk and ensure laptops are not left in a car!