Private wide area network (WAN) provides multi-sited business with secure, reliable communication and data sharing
Data is transmitted using the multi-protocol label switching (MPLS).
Private internet traffic is prioritised for efficiency and reliability. The public network is avoided, so security is improved.
* VPNs - useful if your business has multiple sites that share the same business systems, peripheral equipment and sensitive data. Connections are encrypted.
* P2P - usually used to link just 2x sites together, useful for businesses with multiple local branches. No need to share bandwidth with other companies, everything will be faster.
* Private WAN is ideal if your business needs to synchronise data across sites without delay.
* IT infrastucture can be centralised and administration simplified, reducing need for in-house IT and networking skills.
* Provides bandwidth for high quality voice calls without affecting general data usage
* Provides a stable environment for collaborative applications, such as Microsoft Office 365.
* Scalable solution, WAN can be changed across your sites as business grows.
* Yes, if you regularly transfer data between your sites.
* Yes if you want to have access to bandwidth and not compete with other internet users.
* Yes if you want the business-critical applications always available.
Private WAN provides more protection.