Ethernet has been around for many years but it’s gaining popularity as businesses have begun using business-critical applications in the cloud. The need to be able to utilise data and voice services and web-based applications through a reliable and secure connection has never been stronger.
Ethernet services are dedicated, uncontended broadband services with guaranteed bandwidth, synchronous speeds and SLA’s.
Think of ADSL Broadband as the public motorway of data services, liable to clog up at peak times. Ethernet is your private toll motorway. It’s more expensive but guaranteed to be faster and more reliable at all times.
Unlike Broadband, Ethernet was designed for businesses, not the residential market. Its key advantage lies in its use of dedicated high capacity fibre optic lines.
What’s the difference between the Internet and Ethernet?
The internet is worldwide, switching data packets over the network. Ethernet delivers those data packets as the carrier, within a smaller network; usually across one or a few sites.
What are the different types of Ethernet Services?
Ethernet Data Only – you have an uncontended Ethernet connection for all of your data needs.
Ethernet Voice Only – you have an uncontended Ethernet connection for all of your voice needs. We can guarantee the voice quality of all of your calls. Ethernet Voice is used in conjunction with SIP Trunks.
Converged (Voice and Data) – is designed to connect customers to the internet and IP telephony platforms. Converged Ethernet Access delivers premium quality voice and Internet products over a consistently available transport service. It also guarantees the voice quality of all of your calls.
Each service is protected by a Service Level Agreement covering service performance, availability and time to fix.
What are the Benefits of BTT Ethernet?
- Dedicated, uncontended bandwidth – Our Ethernet solution has high availability and low latency connectivity.
- Voice and data convergence – You can merge voice and data using our Fibre Ethernet which means a significant cost saving for most businesses.
- 24/7 monitoring and helpdesk – We can respond immediately to any issues and ensure consistency in performance.
- Service Level Agreement – We offer competitive SLA’s to cover delivery, performance, availability and fix times.
- Resilient failover – We offer a resilient failover by ensuring there is a failover at your premises and resilient network links via DSL (ADSL and FTTC) /4G / Ethernet (FTTC / EFM /Fibre (R2 link).
- Maximise productivity – With uncontended bandwidth, you can increase productivity as you can be assured that you always have access to essential business applications and files.
- High-Bandwidth connectivity – We can deliver up to 10GBps connection using fibre optic technologies
- Improve site-to-site connectivity – An ethernet connection is essential if you are looking to improve site-to-site connectivity.
What Ethernet services are available?
We have three options available, all three of these options provide highly reliable and ultra-fast data connectivity and offer dedicated and uncontested bandwidth to your business site(s.)
The main difference is based on how they are delivered.
Ethernet Data Only
Ethernet Data only means you have an uncontended Ethernet connection for all of your data needs.
Ethernet Voice Only
Ethernet Voice only means you have an uncontended Ethernet connection for all of your voice needs.
We can guarantee the voice quality of all of your calls.
Ethernet Voice is used in conjunction with SIP Trunks.
Converged (Voice and Data)
Converged Ethernet is designed to connect customers to the internet and IP telephony platforms.
The Converged Ethernet Access delivers premium quality voice and Internet products over a consistently available transport service.
Converged Ethernet also guarantees the voice quality of all of your calls.
Do I really need Ethernet for my business?
That depends on your business needs. Ask yourself a few questions:
- Are the majority of your business applications, cloud-based?
- Do you want to utilise SIP Trunks and a Hosted Phone System?
- Have you been experiencing internet downtime?
- Have you been experiencing slow download/uploads?
- Is your business based across multiple sites? If so, do some sites experience slower connectivity than others?
- Is your business in an area of poor connectivity?
If the answer is yes, to any of the above, then ethernet is certainly worth exploring. We have an ingrained philosophy that we never sell a client something they wouldn’t need, so please do call us for some impartial advice on whether Ethernet is right for your business.