The internet is worldwide, switching data packets over the network. Ethernet delivers those data packets as the carrier, within a smaller network; usually across one or a few sites.
Unlike Broadband, Ethernet was designed for businesses, not the residential market. Its key advantage lies in its use of dedicated high-capacity fibre optic lines.
Business’ connections are often described as ‘fibre’ even though fibre is used in only part of the network. Standard FTTC broadband uses fibre from the exchange to individual street cabinets but continues to rely on ageing and slow copper connections from the cabinet to customer’ premises. Full fibre over comes these limitations to deliver a considerably improved customer experience.
Ethernet has been around for many years but it’s gaining popularity as businesses have begun using business-critical applications in the cloud. Ethernet services are dedicated, uncontended broadband services with guaranteed bandwidth, synchronous speeds and SLA’s.
Ethernet Flex 1Gbps
As a City Fibre Champion, we are able to offer the competitive Ethernet Flex 1Gbps solution. It is changing the perception that anything above a standard broadband connection is expensive. Not only is it more reliable than the traditional broadband services you may currently be using, it costs less than an average SME business spends on a gas and electric bill or a single sales person’s company car each month.
So, whether you’re driving your business from applications in the cloud, sharing data internally across your organisation or externally with other stakeholders and customers, or enabling IP-based communication across your voice and data platforms – you can have confidence that with our Ethernet Flex 1Gbps service you have the bandwidth you need when you need it, and in a cost-effective package!
Key Features of Ethernet Flex
- Guaranteed 200Mbps both up and down
- 1Gbps burst at no extra cost
- On-demand bandwidth with no need for portal requests
- Delivery typically in 65 working days
- Comprehensive 100% SLA
- 5 business-hour return to service guarantee
- 24/7 UK support
- Unlimited usage
Sure signs you need Ethernet
- The majority of your business applications are cloud-based.
- You want to use SIP Trunks and/or a Hosted Phone System.
- You have been experiencing internet downtime.
- You have been slow download/uploads.
- Your business has more than one site.
- Your business in an area of poor connectivity such as a rural location.
Benefits of Ethernet
- Dedicated, uncontended bandwidth – high availability and low latency connectivity.
- Voice and data convergence – Merge voice and data which means a significant cost saving for most businesses.
- 24/7 monitoring and helpdesk – We can respond immediately to any issues and ensure consistency in performance.
- Service Level Agreement – We offer competitive SLAs to cover delivery, performance, availability and fix times.
- Resilient failover – by ensuring there is a failover at your premises and resilient network links via DSL (ADSL and FTTC) /4G / Ethernet (FTTC / EFM /Fibre (R2 link).
- Maximise productivity – With uncontended bandwidth, you can increase productivity as you can be assured that you always have access to essential business applications and files.
- High-Bandwidth connectivity – We can deliver up to 10GBps connection using fibre optic technologies
- Improve site-to-site connectivity – An ethernet connection is essential if you are looking to improve site-to-site connectivity.
Discover how upgrading from FTTC to Fibre Ethernet helped improved Stressline's buiness operationsView our Case Study
Find out what Ethernet Solution is Available
All we need is your address and we can tell you what Ethernet and Broadband solutions are available and what will best suit your manufacturing plant's needs.Get in touch